Being kind to others and ourselves boosts our emotions and adds to a feeling of well-being and purpose. This activity is designed to make you happier and strengthen connections during the holiday season by including positive actions.
Goal: This activity aims to make you happier and strengthen connections during the holidays through positive actions.
Acts of kindness:
- For the next week, do something kind for others every day. Help a neighbor, volunteer, or show kindness to a friend or family member.
- Think about how these acts of kindness affect your emotions and contribute to a sense of purpose and connection.
Connecting with others:
- During the holidays, reach out to two old friends.
- Join a virtual social event or a community activity to make new connections.
- Reflect on how these interactions foster a sense of belonging and connection.
- Set aside 10 minutes each day for mindfulness exercises.
- Engage in an activity that brings you joy and be fully present in the moment.
- Consider how mindfulness reduces stress and contributes to a positive mindset.
- Identify at least three activities that bring you joy and relaxation.
- Schedule time for these activities throughout the holiday season.
- Practice self-kindness by avoiding self-criticism and focusing on activities that nurture your well-being.
After each activity, take a moment to think about your feelings and experiences. Consider these questions:
- How did practicing gratitude, kindness, connection, mindfulness, and self-kindness impact your overall mood?
- Did you notice a change in your perception of loneliness during the holiday season?
- Which strategies were most effective in bringing joy and positivity into your life?