Effective Date: April 13, 2022
Last Updated/Reviewed: April 13, 2022
- What is “Personal Information” and “Sensitive Personal Information”
- Personal Information We Collect About You
- How We May Collect Your Personal Information
- How We May Use Your Personal Information
- How We May Disclose Personal Information About You
- Automated Technologies
- Electronic Communications
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Retention of Your Personal Information
- Rights and Choices You May Have About Your Personal Information
- California Privacy Rights
- Exercising Your Choices and Making Requests About Your Personal Information
- Our Commitment Regarding Deidentified Data
- Consent To Processing of Personal Data in United States and Transfer of Personal Information
- Children’s Privacy
- Third-Party Links
- Questions? Contact Us
What is “Personal Information” and “Sensitive Personal Information”
As described in more detail below, Personal Information is generally any information that either directly or indirectly identifies, relates to, or describes a particular individual or household, or is reasonably capable of being associated with or could reasonably be linked to a particular individual or household. What is considered to be Personal Information may depend on where you live and the laws that apply to the data we may collect about you. Personal Information that is publicly available or is deidentified is not considered Personal Information.
Sensitive Personal Information generally means Personal Information that reveals racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs, a mental or physical health condition or diagnosis, sex life or sexual orientation, citizenship or citizen (immigration) status, genetic or biometric data that may be processed for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, or personal data from a child known to be under the age of thirteen (13). However, in certain jurisdictions, Sensitive Personal Information may also include precise geolocation data; a social security, driver’s license, state identification card, or passport number; a consumer account log-in, financial account, debit card, or credit card number in combination with any required security or access code, password, or credentials allowing access to an account; union membership; philosophical beliefs; the contents of consumer mail, email, and text messages unless the business is the intended recipient of the communication; and any Personal Information collected and analyzed concerning a consumer’s health.
Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including:
- Personal Information, which is information that may identify you, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as the name of the organization you work for and your title;
- Inferences that we draw from your Personal Information, such as your preferences;
- Information about your Internet connection, as well as the device and browser you use to access our Website; and
- Other information that is about you, but generally does not identify you individually, such as your browsing activity on our Website or on other third-party websites.
We provide a more detailed description of the categories of Personal Information we collect about you below.
We do not knowingly collect Sensitive Personal Information on our Website. Please do not share your Sensitive Personal Information with us through our Website.
Below is a list of the categories of Personal Information we may collect about you, with specific examples of the Personal Information we have collected in the preceding 12 months:
- Identifiers. We may collect identifiers such as your name (real name and alias), postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, email address, mailing address, telephone number (including a cell phone number), and Internet Protocol (IP) address.
- Commercial Information. We may collect information about the products or services you have purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information. We may collect information about your current job or past job history, including your current or former title.
- Other Personal Information. We may collect other Personal Information about you such as your signature and physical characteristics.
- Internet or Other Similar Network Activity. We may collect information about your activity on our Website, such as your browsing history on our Website, search history on our Website, and browser information. We typically collect this information from our use of Automated Technologies to help us design our Website, to identify popular features, for our own Advertising, and for other managerial and business purposes.
- Sensory data. If you call us about our products or services, or ask us to call you, we may record the call with our customer service representative or sales team. We also may collect electronic communications you send us in connection with the Website such as emails and text messages. Please read the Section on Electronic Communications to learn more about how we may communicate with you.
- Inferences Drawn from Personal Information. We may draw inferences from the information we collect about you to create a profile that reflects your preferences, characteristics, geographic location, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and/or aptitudes.
How We May Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information and other information about you in different ways, including:
- Directly From You. For example, Personal Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, completing surveys or reviews about Pyx Health, or when you call us. This includes Personal Information provided at the time of requesting further information about our services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website or otherwise contact us.
- Personal Information and Other Information We Collect Automatically as You Navigate Through Our Website. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use Automated Technologies to collect certain information about your equipment (e.g., computer and Internet connection, including IP address, operating system and browser type), browsing actions and patterns, including details of your visit to our Website and the resources that you access and use on the Website. Please read the Section on Automated Technologies for more information about the technologies we use to collect this information.
- Personal Information and Other Information We Obtain From Third Parties. We may also obtain information about you from our service providers, contractors and other third parties in connection with our Website or through other means if they are permitted by the laws that apply to them to share this information with us. For example, if we create user profiles, we may include other publicly available information in that profile.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information that we collect about you, or that you provide to us, for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the Personal Information;
- To provide support for, personalize, and develop our Website, products and services to you, including your use of interactive features on our Website;
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure an account with us;
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our interactions with you;
- For our own advertising and marketing as described in the Section on Advertising;
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Website and services, databases and other technology assets, and business;
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our Website, products and services;
- To respond to law enforcement requests, subpoenas, or other legal processes, or as otherwise required by law, by court order, or to respond to a governmental/regulatory request;
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or a similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though the Website;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the Personal Information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collect for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
We may use information that does not identify you without restriction, unless we are required by applicable law to restrict how we use that information. Please see the Section on Our Commitment Regarding Deidentified Data to learn more about how we use deidentified data.
How We May Disclose Personal Information About You
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect, or that you provide to us, as described below for the following business purposes:
- To a parent organization, subsidiary or affiliate;
- To our contractors, service providers, and other third parties that we use to support our business, such as by helping us to operate and manage our Website and to provide products and services that you may purchase from us. Our contractors and service providers may have access to your Personal Information to provide these services. We implement reasonable protections on their use of Personal Information;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or a similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To comply with any law, court order, subpoena, request from law enforcement or other legal processes, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pyx Health, our customers, or others;
- To advertise our products and services to you as described in the Section on Advertising;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- With your consent.
The categories of Personal Information we have disclosed in the last twelve (12) months for these business purposes include all of the categories that we’ve listed in the Section on Personal Information We May Collect About You.
Except as may be expressly prohibited by applicable law, we may disclose aggregated information about our Website users, and information that does not identify you, without restriction. Please see the Section on Our Commitment Regarding Deidentified Data to learn more about how we use deidentified data.
- What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows the website to recognize your browser. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences, and other information. Cookies can be set by a website owner like Pyx Health or they can be set by third parties (e.g., Facebook, Google, etc.). Third-party cookies may also be used to enable analytics (e.g., Google Analytics) or advertising functionality (e.g., ad re-targeting on third-party websites) that enables more customized services and advertising by tracking your interaction with a website and collecting information about how you use the website.
- What are web beacons? Web beacons are small electronic files (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) on webpages that permit a website owner like Pyx Health to, for example, count users who have visited those pages and collect other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Pixels may also be used by website owners like Pyx Health and our service providers and contractors to reach out to you about our products and services after you leave our site.
You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to alert you when a cookie is being sent. However, some Website features or services may not function properly without cookies. Please keep in mind that your browser settings may not permit you to control the technologies utilized by third-party companies. There are third-party companies that are unaffiliated with Pyx Health who can provide you with more information about third-party advertising and your opt out choices, such as the Digital Advertising Alliance WebChoices Tool.
Pyx Health may use the following Automated Technologies offered by our service providers and contractors to assist us with the following activities:
- Facebook, LinkedIn and HubSpot Pixels. Pyx Health may use pixels from social media sites, like Facebook or LinkedIn, so that we can reach out to you again if you permit these sites to display our advertisements to you. These pixels only send information about your use of our Website. We do not use these pixels to track your activity on other websites.
We may use Automated Technologies (as described above) and information about how you browse our Website to show you advertisements (ads) for Pyx Health. We may also send you Pyx Health ads in response to your request for information or feedback. We may partner with our service providers and contractors to display these Pyx Health ads to you when you are visiting other websites. We do not collect your browsing information from third-party websites to display third-party ads to you.
We may need to contact you about the Website, your activity on our Website and our services. By giving us your contact information, you have agreed that Pyx Health, as well as our affiliates, business partners, service providers and contractors, may contact you for these purposes. These communications may be done by automated dialing equipment and/or artificial or prerecorded messages. You may receive multiple messages each day. We do not charge for our short message service (SMS); however, regular message and data rates may apply from your mobile carrier. We are not responsible for any data transmission fees. You can opt out at any time by replying “STOP” to a text message or by contacting us at [email protected]. This opt-out process does not apply to live phone calls or emails, which may continue in case we need to reach you.
How We Protect Your Personal Information
Pyx Health takes reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information secure and to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your Personal Information on the Website. Although Pyx Health has these security measures in place, it cannot guarantee your privacy. The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are also not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Rights and Choices You May Have About Your Personal Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding how we use and disclose the Personal Information you provide to us. When required by the laws that apply to us, we will extend the rights and choices listed below to applicable Website consumers. We may also at our sole discretion voluntarily extend these options to Website users even if we are not required by law to do so.
- The Right to Know the Personal Information We Collected and How We Shared Your Information
You may have the right to request a copy of, or access to, the Personal Information that we have collected about you within the last 12 months or longer if required by applicable law. Additionally, you may request that we disclose to you the following additional information about the Personal Information we collect from you:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- The categories of sources of Personal Information collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- The categories of Personal Information that we sold or shared to third parties and the categories of third parties to or with whom we sold or shared your Personal Information; and
- The categories of Personal Information that we disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of persons we disclosed your Personal Information to for this purpose.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information
You may have the right to request that we delete any Personal Information we have collected from you. If you have this right, and subject to certain exceptions set out below, we will, on receipt of a verifiable request, delete your Personal Information from our records and direct any service providers to do the same. We will also notify all third parties with whom Pyx Health has shared your Personal Information of your request to delete your Personal Information.
Please note that we may not delete your Personal Information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected;
- Provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive activity, and take all necessary and appropriate steps to mitigate current and future risk;
- Debug and repair internal information technology as necessary;
- Undertake internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act and other similar state and federal laws;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise internally use your Personal Information in a lawful manner that is compatible with the reason for which you provided the Personal Information.
Please also note that any request to delete collected Personal Information may impact your ability to interact with us or to use our Website for its intended purposes.
- Right to Request Correction of Inaccurate Personal Information
You may have a right to request correction of your Personal Information if your Personal Information appears inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to comply with such request and correct inaccurate Personal Information. We may not be able to accommodate a request to change your information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be inaccurate.
- Right to Opt Out
You may have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information or the sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for purposes of targeted advertising by those third parties (also known as cross-context behavioral advertising). The laws providing this opt-out right do not apply to us at this time because we do not knowingly sell your Personal Information or share your Personal Information for such targeted advertising. The advertising we perform with the assistance of our service providers and contractors is based on consumer activity on our Website only. To learn more about our advertising practices please read the Section on Advertising.
Please also note that we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information for targeted advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
- Right to Data Portability
When exercising your right to access, you may have the right to obtain your Personal Information in a portable and readily usable format that you can transmit to another organization. If this right is available to you, you may exercise it up to two times per calendar year.
- Right to Non-Discrimination
California Privacy Rights
This Section only applies to California consumers. If you are not a California consumer, then this supplemental privacy statement does not apply to you.
- California Notice of Collection
California law requires that we provide you with a California-specific notice at the time we collect Personal Information from you. If you are a California consumer, please read our California Notice of Collection.
California law requires us to let you know how we respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Some website browsers have a DNT feature that lets you tell other websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Because there currently isn’t an industry or legal standard for recognizing or honoring DNT signals, we don’t respond to any DNT signals at this time.
- California’s Shine the Light law
Subject to a few exceptions, if we were to disclose your Personal Information to a third party for that third party’s direct marketing purposes, and you have an established business relationship with us, you would be entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of Personal Information to such a third party for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. To request the above information, please e-mail us at [email protected] or write us at 4625 E. Fort Lowell Road, Suite 101 Tucson, AZ 85712. However, please note that we do not knowingly disclose Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Exercising Your Choices and Making Requests About Your Personal Information
Once we receive a request, we will verify that you are the person that is the subject of the request. You will be required to provide your name, email address, phone number, and request details. A confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provide to begin the process of verifying your identity.
In accordance with the applicable state law of your resident state, you may be able to designate an agent to exercise your rights about your choices concerning your Personal Information. Please note, for your safety and security, we will require authorized agents to provide proof of the consumer’s consent and proof of the authorized agent’s designation to act on your behalf and their authority.
We reserve the right to deny requests in certain circumstances, such as where we have a reasonable belief that the request is fraudulent, or we have been unable to verify your identity.
If we deny your request, you may be entitled to appeal that decision. If you would like to appeal a decision, please contact us at [email protected].
Our Commitment Regarding Deidentified Data
We take reasonable measures to ensure that the deidentified data that we collect or create cannot be associated with you or your household. When we collect or create deidentified data we commit to maintain and use the information in deidentified form and will not attempt to reidentify the information, unless we are permitted to do so by applicable law.
Consent To Processing of Personal Data in United States and Transfer of Personal Information
We are based in the United States and this Website is intended for use only by residents of the United States. If you are a citizen of the European Economic Area (EEA) or other jurisdiction outside of the U.S., please note that in order to provide our Website, products, and services to you, we may send and store your Personal Information (also commonly referred to as personal data) outside of the EEA, including to the U.S. Accordingly, your Personal Information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your Personal Information. By using and accessing our Website, users who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of Personal Information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
Our Website is intended for use by adults only. Our Website is not intended for use by children who have not reached the age of majority, which in most states is eighteen (18) years of age. No one under the age of majority may provide any Personal Information to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect, sell or share Personal Information of children who have not reached the age of majority. If you have not reached the age of majority, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child who is under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete that information. If you believe we may have received information through our Website from or about a child who has not reached the age of majority, please contact us at [email protected].
Questions? Contact Us
Mailing Address: Pyx Health, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Officer
4625 E. Fort Lowell Road
Tucson, AZ 85712
Toll-free Number: 1-888-304-4768
Phone Number: 520‑263‑0701
Email Address: [email protected]health.com