(for Plan Members, individuals and PyxPals)
Last Updated: 06/21/2019
What is this?
1.) How the App works
2.) Conditions on your use of the App
3.) Prohibited uses of the App
5.) Text messages and phone calls
6.) Third party content
7.) MEDICAL DISCLAIMER, DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
9.) Intellectual property rights
10.) Term and termination
12.) Electronic communications, transactions, and signatures
13.) Governing law and jurisdiction
14.) Miscellaneous terms
15.) Contact information
How the App works
The App is intended to be used by adults (18 years of age or older) and minor children 13 years of age or older who are enrolled in a health plan (a “Member”), or who are an adult family member or adult friend involved in the care of such a Member (called a “PyxPal”). If we are unable to identify you as a Member or a PyxPal of a Member, you may be permitted in our sole discretion to use the App through a default network. The default network is not associated with any health plan. We refer to Members, PyxPals and individuals who use the default network individually as a “User” and collectively as “Users.”
The App is a person-centric smart phone solution that uses a chatbot technology, a person’s natural supports, and real-time notifications to provide informed, relevant, and non-clinical support to Users and their care team. THE APP DOES NOT PROVIDE HEALTH CARE SERVICES. PYX HEATLH IS NOT A PROVIDER OF MEDICAL, BEHAVIORAL OR EMERGENCY SERVICES. IF YOU NEED IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE, CALL 911 OR CONTACT YOUR NEAREST EMERGENCY MEDICAL PROVIDER.
A Member or individual who uses the default network may choose to add PyxPals—family and friends—to his or her circle of contacts on the App. Health care professionals (for example, a counselor) and health plan employees (for example, care coordinators and care managers) CANNOT be PyxPals. Users can chat with each other through text messages on the App (called “chats”). Pyx Health, your health plan and other members of your care team do not monitor or view these chats.
The App may notify a User’s care team (for example, health care professionals and care coordinators) and PyxPals when the User goes to a hospital, urgent care center or doctor’s office. The App sends these notifications to better connect a User with their care team and circle of support. THE APP IS NOT A LOCATOR SERVICE. You cannot rely on the App to serve as a locator service.
Conditions on your use of the App
As a condition of your use of the App, you understand and agree to all of the following:
You are either:
o A Member of a health plan or individual using the default network, and are at least 13
o An adult family member or adult friend involved in the care of such a person. An adult is a person who is at least 18 years of age or older.
- Only adult family and friends involved in a User’s care can be PyxPals. You will not agree to be a PyxPal if you are a User’s treating provider (like a doctor, therapist or psychiatrist), care coordinator/manager, or any other health care professional who is part of the User’s care team.
- When you select an adult family member or friend to be a PyxPal on the App, you agree that the App may access and use your device’s text messaging application (“Short Message Service” or “SMS”) to send a text message to that PyxPal on your behalf. That text message will invite your adult family member or friend to be your PyxPal and to download the App.
- Pyx Health takes reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure, but cannot guarantee your privacy. It is your responsibility to protect your personal information and other information by using strong passwords, closing the App when you are not using it, keeping secret your password and other security information related to your account, and taking other reasonable steps to protect your privacy.
- You are responsible for any use of your account. Pyx Health will not be responsible for any loss or damage caused by someone else using your account.
- You will notify Pyx Health immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other concern about your account security.
- You understand that chats with PyxPals are not monitored. IF YOU OR THE PERSON YOU ARE CHATTING WITH HAS AN EMERGENCY, YOU WILL CALL 911 OR CONTACT YOUR NEAREST EMERGENCY MEDICAL PROVIDER.
- Text messages through your device’s SMS and notifications, as well as email, may not be secure. There is a risk that an unauthorized person may get access to and read these communications. You accept all risks associated with unsecure communications and will not hold Pyx Health responsible or liable if others get access to these communications.
- The App may be updated, and the content of the App may change without notice.
Prohibited uses of the App
You are prohibited from doing any of the following:
- Using the App for any illegal, unethical, abusive, offensive, harassing, or unsolicited purpose.
- Using the App to advertise, sell or make a profit.
- Copying or publishing any App material in any media, selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any App material.
- Publicly performing and/or showing any App material.
- Using the App in any way that is damaging to the App or that impacts other User access to the App.
- Misrepresenting your identity, providing false information, impersonating another person or entity, or misrepresenting your relationship with a person or entity or attempt to use another person’s account.
- Attempting to gain unauthorized access to the App.
- Engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extraction or any other similar activity in relation to the App or while using the App.
- Assisting a third party in engaging in any of these prohibited activities.
Text messages and phone calls
By giving us your cell phone number, you are agreeing to receive text messages and calls from Pyx Health and our affiliates and business partners that include information about your health, including without limitation:
- Your hospitalization, treatment and/or coordination or transition of your care.
- Scheduling and appointment reminders.
- Prescription refills.
- Other health-related communications.
These communications may be done by automated dialing equipment and/or artificial or prerecorded messages. You may receive multiple messages each day. Data and text message rates may apply. You can opt out at any time from receiving text messages by replying “STOP” This opt out process does not apply to phone calls or emails, which may continue in case we need to reach you.
Third party content
The App may contain content, products or services offered by third parties, such as community resources. Pyx Health does not endorse any websites that are linked to this App. Pyx Health takes no responsibility for any content, products or services offered by a third party, and you agree that Pyx Health we will not be held liable for any damage or loss caused by a third party.
MEDICAL DISCLAIMER, DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
THE APP DOES NOT OFFER MEDICAL ADVICE, AND NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE APP IS INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE FOR MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. You should not rely on anything contained in the App. Your use or reliance upon this App is done at your own risk.
PYX HEALTH DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT INFORMATION ON THE APP WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, TIMELY (REAL TIME), ERROR-FREE, SECURE, OR WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE APP, ANY SERVICES PROVIDED THROUGH THE APP, AND ALL THIRD PARTY INFORMATION ON THE APP ARE PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITH ALL FAULTS. PYX HEALTH MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO THE APP OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THE APP. PYX HEALTH DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHER, AND PYX HEALTH SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
IN NO EVENT WILL PYX HEALTH’S LIABILTY TO A USER EXCEED THE GREATER OF: (A) THE AMOUNT PAID BY A MEMBER’S HEALTH PLAN TO PYX HEALTH FOR THAT MEMBER IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THE DATE THE LIABILITY AROSE; OR (B) $50,000. THIS MONETARY CAP ON LIABILITY APPLIES REGARDLESS OF WHETHER PYX HEALTH HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OR LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH LIABILITY OR THE TYPE OF CLAIM (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION CONTRACT OR TORT).
PYX HEALTH DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM DOWNLOADING OR ACCESSING ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIAL THROUGH THE APP, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, HARM CAUSED BY VIRUSES OR SIMILAR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES.
YOU ALSO UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT PYX HEALTH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR A USER’S HEALTH PLAN’S OR CARE TEAM’S ACTS OR FAILURE TO ACT.
Intellectual property rights
Pyx Health is a registered trademark in the United States. Pyx Health and all content and other materials on the App, including without limitation, all logos, designs, text, graphics, pictures, information, data, software, sound files, other files and the selection and arrangement thereof are the proprietary property of Pyx Health (collectively, “Pyx Health Content”). Other logos and product and company names mentioned on the App may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Term and termination
Electronic communications, transactions, and signatures
Using the App, chats, notifications, text messages through your device’s SMS and emails are all electronic communications. You agree to receive and send electronic communications. You agree that all agreements, notices, consents, authorizations, disclosures and other communications done electronically either through the App, SMS, email or other electronic means satisfy any legal requirement that such communication be in writing. You also agree to the use of electronic signatures (including check marks), contracts, consents, authorizations, and other records, and to the electronic delivery of notices, policies, and records of transactions initiated or completed by or through the App, SMS, or email. You waive any rights or requirements under any applicable law which require an original signature, signature by name or initial, or delivery or retention of non-electronic records.
Governing law and jurisdiction
If you have questions, please contact us at: www.pyxhealth.com.